When a patient is dealing with problems with how the teeth are arranged in the mouth, they see a dentist, specifically an orthodontist to have the problems resolved. The most common treatment option that dentists provide is braces. The brackets, wires and rubbers, move the teeth around to proper alignment. After the appliance are installed, it remains in the patient?s mouth for a few months to a few years. Treatment of this nature will involve monthly adjustment sessions, usually scheduled monthly, but we will provide you an alternative to braces.
Alternative To Braces?Options
When traditional orthodontic treatment or braces is not the perfect option for you, fret not because there are all other options that you can enjoy instead. When you cannot go for braces because you cannot endure the look of the brackets, the length of the treatment and the whole nature of the thing, you can easily choose any of the following alternative to braces treatment:
- Invisalign?: Still within the boundaries of orthodontics, Invisalign? treatments make use of clear or invisible tray that are called aligners to move teeth around the jaw.? Instead of using the brackets, wires and rubbers to manipulate teeth and move teeth, there are about a dozen or two of the aligners that should be worn, each one bringing the teeth to place, slowly but surely. The trays are clear, so they appear invisible, and given the fact that they are removable, they are more comfortable to wear.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges: Another alternative to dental braces are dental crowns and bridges. This procedure ???? requires that the dentist reduce around the tooth or teeth, so that the prosthetic may be fabricated over it. In lieu of orthodontic treatment, the misaligned or malposition teeth can be reshaped and brought to alignment through crowns and bridges.
- Dental Veneers: This option is most ideal for very minor cases of crowding and misalignments. Instead of going for dental crowns and bridges that will require the dentist to take away so much of the tooth surface, veneers are more conservative given that the tooth reduction is going to be limited to the facial surface of the teeth. Porcelain or ceramic veneers can reshape the teeth and alter the way it looks, giving the patient a straighter and more beautiful smile.
- Dental Bondings: Bondings are much more like dental veneers but they are directly performed on the patient?s mouth, not at all requiring the work of a laboratory technician. Using a composite resin, the material is layered onto the tooth so that the smile may be reshaped completely. Depending on the case, this may or may not be performed with some tooth reduction.
- Lumineers: A more innovative option for treatment are lumineers and these are more popular as snap-on-teeth.? There are no teeth reduction to be performed; and impression or mold of the teeth is taken so that the snap-on-teeth may be fabricated from it.?With the lumineers, the smile of the patient is easily transformed to a more beautiful one — free from misalignments, crowdings, spacing’s, and so forth.
One?s decision to look elsewhere instead of going for dental braces is usually do to a lot of things, but mostly it is related to the appearance of the braces in the mouth, the way it disrupts certain activities and function, and also the fact that the treatment takes a long time to be completed. The alternative to braces options discussed above offer speed and aesthetics that should satisfy the needs of many patients — any of these options can easily be the right one for you.