Clear Braces for Teeth
Are you thinking of getting orthodontic treatment? Maybe you have been going through all kinds of orthodontic issues and you have finally made a decision to get treated. Some people had to endure a long accept treatment. Orthodontics is a discipline in Dentistry that governs the diagnosis, prevention, correction and treatment of problems related to the arrangement and the alignment of the teeth in the upper and lower jaw. When a patient makes that decision to undergo this procedure, they can either go for the tradition option (metal braces) or they may decide to choose clear braces for teeth.
Clear braces for teeth are either made of plastic or ceramic and they are tooth-colored or transparent, so they are not noticeable when the patient smiles. Unlike the metal braces, patients do not have to endure being a metal-mouth, just so they could have straighter teeth. They are more expensive and they are a little more fragile compared to traditional metal brackets, but those who make that choice to go this route, do so because of very specific reasons.
Why Do You Need Clear Braces for your Teeth?
- Metal braces do not look good on your smile. Metal brackets and ceramic brackets are shaped the same way, actually. They are designed to appear like boxes with slots so that the wires can be inserted in between and the treatment process can be carried out. They are designed similarly and more or less functions the same way, but metal is rather conspicuous in the mouth, while the clear braces are more discreet and definitely unnoticeable. The braces are tooth-colored and transparent they are not seen on the patient’s smile, so you have nothing to worry about looking like a metal-mouth, at all.
- Your job does not allow you to have metal in your mouth. There are certain jobs and positions in companies that would contraindicate the presence of metal brackets in the mouth. When the job takes you in front of the camera and requires you to be in front of people all the time, your physical appearance is most important. Celebrities like actors, news anchors, models and politicians who are always in front of people would be better off without metal braces. People like flight attendants, hotel receptionists and the likes would really be better off with clear braces.
- You are much too old for metal braces. Orthodontics are ordinarily carried out with braces and this involves the use of brackets, wires and rubber ligatures, but when you think of metal braces they are usually related to juvenile teens in their high school years, and not fully frown individuals, walking around in their suits and with their briefcases, smiling away with metal in their mouth. It does not only feel awkward, it is not a good fit — so the option of choosing clear braces is the right thing to do.
- Clear Braces for teeth are also available in the self-ligating design. Damon Braces have a self-ligating design which means that the brackets have their own “locks” and “doors” that hold the brackets in place, allowing for the treatment procedure to go as actively as it could all throughout — results are easily obtained.
- Invisalign® is much too expensive. When you would rather not have metal in your mouth, you want some kind of “invisible” alternative. Invisalign® which makes use of clear trays or aligners are a great alternative, but they are very expensive, so clear braces are going to be perfect.
When a patient makes a decision to undergo orthodontic treatment with clear braces, they do so because they feel it is the best treatment option for them. Not exactly chosen for its capacity to treat, ceramic or clear braces (which are tooth-colored or transparent) are the best option for treatment when the patient’s priority is aesthetics. When he wishes to get straighter teeth and cannot compromise the appearance of smile for it, he will choose clear braces. The color of the braces are camouflaged perfectly, so that patients do not have to endure having a metal mouth throughout the course of the treatment. There may be some disadvantages involving, but for those who regard aesthetics as their first priority, all the disadvantages are quite easy to ignore.